2010-02-09

Defensive & Short ETFs

I have these funds in my "Best of Funds" portfolio on Marketocracy. Holdings skew defensive, rather than short.

ProShares UltraShort MSCI Brazil (BZQ)
ProShares UltraShort China 25 (FXP)
ProShares UltraShort Euro (EUO)
ProShares UltraShort MSCI Europe (EPV)
PowerShares DB U.S. Dollar Bullish (UUP)
iShares Barclays Short Treasury Bond (SHV) - this is short-term Treasuries, not an inverse ETF.

I also have a large cash position, some precious metals, and inverse ETFs on the major U.S. indexes.

The portfolio is underperforming the market by about 2% today, but YTD through yesterday, it was up more than 3% compared to -5% returns for the S&P 500 and Dow.

As I wrote last month, I think there has been a sentiment shift in the market and I expect "Best of Funds" to do much better this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment